Monday, March 7, 2011

Picture your jewelry in a frame....

I don't know who to credit this idea to since I've seen it lots of places, including HGTV but as someone who wears the same earrings every day because the others are lost in a tangle in my drawer I thought this would be fun to try.
It is ridiculously easy and involves a frame I wasn't using, some old picture wire cut to size and I used shipping tape to fasten the wire to the frame since it was strong, covered the prickly ends and allowec the frame to hang flat. I let the wires hang sort of haphazardly but you could make them straight, put them in a pattern, whatever....
And I can't even tell you how excited I was to find some of my favorite earrings once again and hang them where I can find them. Who knows? A necklace hanger may be in my future as well....

3 comments:

LoveandLustDesigns said...

I LOVE this idea! I posted something a while back with images on DIY jewelry holders and I keep meaning to make one just like this!

Mary Richmond said...

Loveandlust--if you make one, i highly recommend using a staple gun...the tape did not hold and i ended up using a staple gun ;-)

Unknown said...

i made one like this only i used window screening. easy and effective!