Thursday, May 5, 2011

Busy Days

Getting back in spring and summer mode always seems to take me by surprise. One thing about living in a seasonal area, we get used to our quiet winters and then all of a sudden we have to get our groggy selves back in gear again if we're going to make it through to next winter. It isn't just the weather that is seasonal but most of our incomes as well. If we don't make hay in the summertime, well, too bad about next winter...
Everything is so hopeful and positive at this time of year. Our dreams are like this little bud...will it open and flourish or will it be mowed over, struck down in its prime? Maybe the dog will just pee on it...

I am busy making my summer schedule for classes and nature tours and am also beefing up my online presence, connecting everything to everything else and making myself and my business more visible in internet searches.

If you'd like to see what I've been up to...

I have started to post at Squidoo about Getting the Kids Outside in Nature and have started a fun picture and link blog for Cape Cod Art and Nature over on Tumblr

I am continuing to post essays on Open Salon and my latest actually was an Editor's Pick and landed on the front page. Bin Laden knocked it off, go figure. You can read my Mother's Day When Mom is Gone essay if you'd like.

Anyway, that is what I've been up to this week...what about you?

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Great site about getting the kids outdoors! I love taking my little one outside to enjoy nature!