Friday, February 11, 2011

Creative Sparks

People often ask me where I find my inspiration and to be honest, I find it pretty much everywhere. I write or draw every day. I read, I go for long walks. I ponder the universe. Those things usually fill up the creative well for me.
 In winter I often paint indoors by a sunny window. I especially like to paint with a friend or two or three and any little plant or flower will do....this cyclamen was my friend's holiday plant and is still blooming away. I painted the dainty blooms on a tiny pad of watercolor paper that I think was meant to be for  postcards. Perhaps I will mail it off to someone as a surprise.
These are also cards. They date back to the 1980s and were a gift to my grandmother. She never used them but had them tucked away in an old photo album where I found them recently. Back in the day I used to do these kinds of cards at night and sell them by day in Central Park in New York City....

These cards make me feel like sketching some birds out my window this afternoon....

What sparks your creativity?

No comments: